Atlanta Lawyer for Uncontested Divorce
Many couples are able to settle their divorces out of court. In an uncontested divorce, spouses resolve all divorce-related issues without court intervention. By doing so, couples are able to avoid the cost and time required by divorce litigation.
At The Silver Law Firm, LLC, we guide clients through uncontested divorce in Georgia. Contact us online or call 404-459-5890 to speak to a family law attorney.
How Does an Uncontested Divorce Work?
In order for a divorce to be considered uncontested, spouses must agree on every relevant issue prior to filing for divorce. Some couples come to these agreements independently. Others may use divorce mediation to come to a mutually agreeable decision.
Because there are no issues for the courts to decide, spouses finalizing an uncontested divorce do not have to make any court appearances. Working with a family law attorney out of court, spouses can work out the issues specific to their divorce:
- Property division / equitable distribution of property
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
What Are the Benefits of an Uncontested Divorce?
- Most uncontested divorces are finalized much quicker than contested divorces
- Because spouses avoid court costs, uncontested divorces are generally much less expensive than contested divorces
- An amicable divorce is a better prescription for future happiness between divorcing parties — with or without children
Talk With the Welcoming Staff of The Silver Law Firm, LLC
With over two decades of experience as a family law attorney, Jed Silver and his legal support staff will work with you in your family law matter. Contact us online or call 404-459-5890 to schedule a legal consultation.